Sunday 1 November 2015

peace Let's Scrap November 1st DT reveal (388-389/365)

Good morning everyone, hope you are all doing fine this morning and for those of you (like myself) that had a time change last night (fall back), hope you enjoyed your extra hour of sleep!!!

It is November 1st and you know what that means - - - another Let's Scrap sketch challenge, this one was such a wonderfully beautiful sketch so when I saw it I knew I wanted to do something special with it. I used these photos from our drive back to Alberta last Christmas, these were actually taken on the side of the road (on the Coquihalla in British Columbia) while stopped on the side of the road at a rest stop so my husband could smoke.

And your sketch inspiration:

I really had good intentions of staying close to the sketch but then when I started cutting my photos I realized that was just not happening so I stayed somewhat close to the sketch but in a way that was my own.

Supplies used:
paper: stampin up (cardstock), snowflake paper (no clue has been in my stash for 10+ years)
ribbon: michaels
stamp: basic grey
embossing powder & ribbon: martha  stewart
eyelets: unknown, used crop a dile to punch the holes and set the eyelets
snowflake chipboard: a2z scraplets that I painted with tim holtz (broken china) then glittered 3x with martha stewart fine glitter (blue, white, and teal)
frame: fancy pants
doilies: doodlebug design
title: jillibean soup
flourishes: prima
washi tape & snowflake stickers: dollar store
border: recollections
stamp: stampin' up (scalloped border)
button; we r memory keepers
other: heat gun (martha stewart), liquid pearls (baby blue)

Thank you for stopping by and for your wonderful comments, hope you can play along this month to win a fabulous prize: http://letsscrapsketches.blogspot.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment