Thursday 7 November 2013

Outgrown my playpen - CS Sketch 255 & WW1 (layout 379)

Another shout out to The Everyday Scrapbooker who introduced me to Creative Scrappers. I have been following them for a couple of months but this is my first go at one of their sketches. It is sketch 255 and this is the sketch:


Creative scrappers had a twist with this sketch which was to match it with White. . .with1 (blueberry). For those who are not familiar with WW1, they are fabulous to challenge you to use white with only 1 other colour. I am actually a huge fan of WW1 because one of my favorite techniques to use when scrapbooking is using monochrome so I definitely took this as a challenge and this is what I came up with:

To create this layout I used some home-made modeling paste over The Crafter's Workshop Kasbah template and then sprayed tattered angels glimmer mist in sapphire over it. I then layered co-ordinating blueberry shades of paper with a matted photo. I used the glimmer mist (sapphire) on the thickers diy but did two coats to make it a bit deeper.

Supplies used:
Paper: american craft cardstock, pink paislee, unknown
washi tape: unknown dollar store
alphas: thickers
ink: tattered angels (sapphire)
embellies: bo bunny blast off brads, jolee (layered metal), unknown buttons, unknown bling
template: TCW (kasbah)

thank you for stopping by :)



hope you have a great day!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca!
    Love what you did with your background and the misting.
    and lol at the photo.. he looks very comfortable.
    Thanks for playing along with us at WW1. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great take on the sketch! Love your inking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on this double challenge, and what a sweet memory to scrap! Thanks for joining us at WW1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool layout! Love the background and the DIY Thickers (I might have to get myself some of those!!). Thanks for playing along with us at WW1 this month. :)
    PS: How are you going with your 365 pages challenge???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your background and the use of the blueberry.... thankyou for playing along with us at WW1

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm home made modeling paste ..must find that recipe . Wonderful work love the diy coloured font

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just Lovely ... thanks for taking part in this months White With 1 challenge... love what you have done with the blueberry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally cute photo and a lovely layout! Thanks so much for playing along this month at WW1. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh homemade modelling paste has me very intrigued! Thanks for joining in at WW1 this month xx Blessings

    ReplyDelete