Saturday 12 July 2014

halloween cuties - A2Z Scraplets July challenge (layout 248)

I am soooo glad that painting and the wedding scrapbook is DONE and I can work on my own layouts. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love creating for my friends and family but with holidays taking up half of July I didn't think I would get personal scrapping done so was so happy I was able to scrap my own photos last night and this morning. I  was so inspired by this month's A2Z scraplets challenge, it is a puzzle challenge (so super fun) so i was able to have lots of this one. 

The puzzle ingredients are:
And of course to use an A2Z scraplet. I used:
Mask 1 Large Shape

And using a pagemap as an inspiration I created:

I am sooo happy with the way this turned out (probably one of my most favorite layouts I have created in a while). I painted the mask using Tim Holtz Distress paint (mowed lawn, antique bronze). I then glittered the mask with martha stewart fine glitter and glued pieces of feathers on the corner of the mask.

The arrow, heart and clock are in the hexagons while the zig zags are in the paper.

Other supplies:
paper: recollections, october afternoon (witch hazel), fancy pants designs (everyday circus)
punch: stampin up (hexagon)
stickers: jollee's boutique
button: recollections
brads: bo bunny, recollection
alphas: thickers (daydream foam letter stickers)
stencil: tim holtz layering stencil (arrows)
journalling: little yellow bicycle (booville)
modeling texture: home-made

Thank you so much for stopping by and for your wonderful comments, hope you can play along this month at A2Z Scraplets: http://a2zscraplets.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/july-challenge.html

3 comments:

  1. Love this page... Super cute layout too. Gorgeous pic, thanks for playing along again at a2z

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! The scraplet is just so perfect for a Halloween theme, and I love the way you used the hexagons :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all the hexagons and embellishments inside them...creative...thanks for playing along at A2Z

    ReplyDelete