Friday 4 July 2014

Oh Canada - Magazine Monday Week 57 (layout 231)

Yay I finally found some time to create for Magazine Monday, which is actually quite surprising since yesterday when i created while my son slept in the afternoon, in the morning I cleaned and at night I washed walls as I am taping and priming today so i can paint this weekend. Anyways here is this week's inspiration:
Papercrafting Challenge: Magazine Mondays - Week 57 Inspiration Piece (image)

A couple of months ago I saw a patriotic Canadian layout using red/white/blue (typically American patriotic colours) and I thought hey i could do that too.

I used a sketch from pagemaps. I was inspired by the red/white/blue as well as the angles (tilted frames) as well as action photos. Here is my take:





















Supplies used:
paper: DCWV (summer dream)
ink: tattered angels (indian corn,sapphire), distress ink (broken china)
stickers: I used Cosmo Cricket (tiny text love) and cut the sayings up for my journallin
die-cuts: fancy pants (nautical), imaginisce (endless summer), pretty little studio (sand castle word flashcards), heidi swapp (ephemera)
alphas: dear lizzy thickers (matte puffy stickers)
frames: fancy pants (be loved)
ribbon: unknown

thank you for stopping by and hope you can play along with Magazine monday: http://papercrafterscorner.com/blog/papercrafting-challenge-magazine-mondays-week-57/

3 comments:

  1. Adorable layout, love how you divided the page and the ink splatters. Hope your doing good with your 420 page goal for this year. I know it's hard with a little one to take care of. I still have so much to do for my son, and he's a teenager now. Thanks also for the kind comment you left on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet layout, Rebecca! Love all the pics of your adorable son!

    ReplyDelete