Wednesday 9 April 2014

Flower - April Scrap Around the World (layout 80)

Another month means another wonderful mood board from Scrap Around the World:

This was such a motivating board, specificaly the quote "don't overthink, just let it go." This is kinda my mantra when I am scrapping (especially when I get my paints out) because I just want to let loose and not follow any conventional scrapbook "rules." I also took inspiration from the colours and stayed mostly with the greens but then added some pinks to bring out the beauty in the photo. I was also inspired by the doodled circles and incorporated twine behind my photo in a "circular" pattern.

Here is my layout:




















To create the background: First I painted doily stencil with silver glitter paint, then misted it with sea grass green, then painted mowed lawn over faded dot stencil and black soot paint over burlap stencil. Then used prima stamp with black soot distress ink to stamp randomly around page. then I blended forest moss distress ink around the page. Then distressed around the entire page. Also blended forest moss over the back-background page

Supplies used: 
papers: Authentique (suave: foundation two & crisp), crate paper (dollhouse), k&company
inks: Lindy's Stamp gang starburst (salt water taffy, sea grass green, cape cod coral), tattered angels (creme de rouge), distress paint (black soot, mowed lawn), distress ink pad (black soot, forest moss)
stencils: tim holtz layering stencil (doily, dot fade, burlap)
flowers: prima (rags to riches), petaloo (color me crazy), sei (juliette)
stamp: prima
floss: dmc
bling: flourish with a bling (pearl, copper)

Thank you for stopping by and for your wonderful comments, they truly are heartfelt and appreciative. 

Hope you can play along with Scrap Around the World: http://scraparoundtheworld.blogspot.com.au/

4 comments:

  1. You did a great job!! I love the way you describe your inspiration. Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This colour scheme is so beautiful ! Thank you for playing along with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You matched perfect colour to work with this light and soft pink on the flowers. All looks great. Thank You for playing at SATW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely layout! Love how you've repeated the elements from the photo in your design! Thank you for drawing inspiration from my mood board and joining us at SATW this month!

    ReplyDelete