Friday 20 March 2015

Flora - ScrapMuch? sketchy Friday March 20th DT reveal (91/365)

Good morning everyone, hope you are having a wonderful day!!! Are you glad it's Friday?? I am so excited this week the sun has made it's appearance at least once a day and one day we even got up to 11 degrees!!!! I know not a huge hot day but it is melting the snow - - which is good (we can play outside without freezing) and bad (melt during the day + cold at night = ice rink in the morning when we walk to the car).

Here is this week's fun sketch:

When I first saw this sketch I was so excited because when I saw the polka dot background the first thing I thought was planting flowers in my garden (i think it's because you poke your finger in the soil before you put the seed in). So with that in mind I wanted to scrap a photo of a couple of summers ago when I took my son to the local greenhouse  for the first time. Here is my layout:

I know what you are thinking - - this is pretty different than what I usually create. But I wanted to try something new and have fun with textures and mediums because that is what I felt going through the greenhouse, there was so much to smell, touch, see, and taste. So I wanted that to come across on the layout.

Here are some close-ups and in-progress photos:

To start I used light modeling paste over crafter's workshop stencil (paradise), then using a sponge brush painted white gesso on the page















I then painted adirondack dabber (raspberry) over the gesso:

when the raspberry paint dried (used a heat gun to speed up the process), I painted tim holtz distress paint (seedless preserves) on the outside, middle and inside (was trying to make it look like the flower in my photo)















I wasn't happy with the way the texture paste looked beside the photo (thought it was too bright/white) so I took tim holtz distress paint (mowed lawn) and a fine paint brush and painted where I had used the stencil (usually if i want to tint modeling paste I will use gelatos; but as i was happy with the page up to this point, i decided i would see if painting the dried paste wouldd work. . .and low and behold it did!!)
















I then took my prima (sunrise sunset) clear stamp and tim holtz distress pad (black soot) and stamped over the painted flower - - was going for a flower garden look here















I wanted to add a tag but didn't have one that I like (or paper i liked to go with it so I decided to cover a tag that I had in my stash with washi tape
To finish the tag off I used my crop-a-dile to add the grommet:

To finish the layout off, I stained (tim holtz distress stain: seedless preserves) and misted (lindy's stamp gang starburst:cranberry mist burgundy) a doily, then while it was still wet added some martha stewart fine glitter (purple spinel) and then tapped off the glitter. . .there was still lots of glitter on the doily so i took my heat gun and blew a bunch off (*note to self - - when using a heat gun and glitter next time stand over the garbage - - i am still finding purple glitter all over my scrap space). 

Other supplies:
paper: dcwv (cardstock), bo bunny (enchanted garden)
ribbon: webster's pages (sprinkled with love)
twine: american crafts
flowers: petaloo (wild mini blossoms: fushia), bo bunny (plum purple pansy)
alphas: thickers (rockabye: leaf), my little shoe box (mini alphabet sticker: lilac)

Thank you for stopping by and for your wonderful comments :)

Hope you can play along this month with ScrapMuch? you have until March 29th to link up your entry for a chance at a wonderful prize: http://shopscrapmuch.blogspot.ca/2015/03/sketch-y-friday-with-team-b-and-new.html

Also check out the ScrapMuch? blog for more inspiration from the wonderful design team, happy Friday :)

3 comments:

  1. So much texture! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I love what you did with the modelling paste! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting about the modelling paste! Nice colours! Fab layout!

    ReplyDelete