Friday 6 March 2015

yum - ScrapMuch? Sketch-y Friday DT reveal (64/365)

Good Morning everyone!!! Can you believe that we are almost a week into March?? My goodness this month has flown by already. Now with it being friday that means it is Sketch-y Friday and ScrapMuch? Friday reveal.

I decided to scrap some photos from last summer when we were camping in the Okanagan in British Colmbia (because let's face it I am so sick of winter I need some brightness in my life right now). My parents took or son so my husband and I could have a date afternoon and explore Salmon Arm just the two of us. Unfortunately, they did not have a scrapbook/craft store but they did have the next best thing - - a CANDY store!!!! But not only was it a candy store, they also had american candy/treats. I was so excited!!! Trust me if I wasn't on a diet I would have bought so much more (i.e. the 5lbs gummy bear).

Here is my layout:

Based on this week's ScrapMuch? sketch by Laura Whitaker:


I misted the background with same colours of the candy: tattered angels (creme de chocolate, yellow daisy, patina) and lindy's stamp gang starburst (pretty in pink pink, salt water taffy).

The thing I love most about this layout, is that it was created solely out of scraps that were in my stash!!!

Here are some close-ups:

top right hand corner, i added a couple of banners, then added some washi tape (webster's pages: modern romance) and some ribbon (american crafts: summer)




 I tried something different with this layout and layerd all the papers using 3d adhesive squares:

Other supplies:
paper: echo park (summer bliss: summer floral, summer stripes, 6x6 paper pad), bo bunny (key lime: sun-dew), recollection (monkeying around)
inks: tim holtz distress stain (peeled paint, spiced marmalade)
alphas: american craft (thickers: geyser)
sequins: craft medley (go green, rhythm n blues, princess)
liquid pearls (bisque)
stickles (cinnamon, ice blue)
other: my mind's eye (tiny words: unforgetable), prima (resist canvas: romantique collection), heidi swapp (credit card tabs: travel)
adhesives: ranger (crackle accents), heidi swapp (scrappy glue), xyron (sticker maker)

Thank you for stopping by, hope you can play along this month for a fabulous prize, also go check out the other design team members' blog for inspiration. You have until March 28th to link your entry: http://shopscrapmuch.blogspot.ca/2015/03/sketch-y-friday-with-team-b-and-winner.html

2 comments:

  1. Great page, love the colours and dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the misting and splatter- gives the page a fun feel!

    ReplyDelete