Friday 14 February 2014

6 months pure joy - Canadian Scrapbooker February Sketchy Challenge (layout 19)

Hello, I have another layout for you today (I know I was lucky today to get some scrappping in, my back is doing so much better), this one for Canadian Scrapbooker February Sketchy Challenge with another fabulous sketch from the very talented Sue Sykes:
Feb 2014 Sketch
This sketch was so much fun to play with, but figured since it is February, I would change up the circles and do hearts instead and this is what I came up with:

I cut out the hearts with creative memories shape cutter and inked them with distress stain (dusty concord). I wrapped the one heart with american craft twine. The background I misted DCWV (tan cardstock) with tattered angels (jazz blue & dragonfly), Lindy's stamp gang moon shadow mist (moonlit mulberry) and perfect pearl mist (grape). I glued love hearts (yes the actual candies) to flowers (keeping with the valentine's feel). 

I really love how this layout turned out as it really came together like the way I saw it in my mind (don't you just love when your vision comes to life??).

Other supplies: 
Alphas: american thickers (bubblegum), my little shoebox (mini alphabet sticker - lilac)
butterfly: prima (wood embellishment), stained with distress stain (dusty concord)
flowers: recollection
button: unknown
brads: recollections, bo bunny

thank you for stopping and and for your wonderful comments, hope you can play along this month at Canadian Scrapbooker: http://canadianscrapbooker.ca/sketchy/showphoto.php?photo=850&title=feb-2014-sketch&cat=532

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet photo!! Love that you've replaced the circles on my sketch with hearts!! Thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete