Saturday 8 February 2014

Winter: The joy & love of Christmas - FWAB February Challenge (layout 15)

Hello everyone, second layout I did today was for Flourish with a Bling February Challenge. I have actually been working on this layout for the last week (as I have been more focused on gaining strength in my back). The part that took the most was sitting and hand stitching around the heart.

This month's Flourish with a Bling challenge is:
February is a month of passion and love!
I want to see a layout about the love of your life
and I want this quote to inspire you.
“Love doesn’t make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.”

Here is my take:





















I took this photo over Christmas when we went to the festival of trees. Kyle absolutely loved the trees, especially the one with the bears (he wanted so badly to take a bear home and couldn't quite understand why he couldn't). It took lots of cuddles from mommy and daddy to stop the tears and once Kyle was back to himself he was ready to have his picture taken with daddy and the teddy bear tree (that way he could look at it whenever he wanted).

As soon as I saw this month's challenge I knew I wanted to use this picture and the quote because hands down my husband and my son are the loves of my life!!!!!

Supplies used:
paper: DCWV (evergreen stack), American Craft (white cardstock)
ink: distress ink pad (evergreen bough)
stitching: We R Memory keepers sew easy (mat, tool, cross piercer)
overlay: American Craft (snowflakes)
banner: my mind's eye
flourish: florish with a bling (luke, teal)
tag: unknown received as a gift tag on a christmas present this year
flower: recollections
embellishment: webster's pages designer cameos (it's christmas collection)

Thank you for stopping by, hope you can play along at Flourish with a Bling: http://www.flourishwithabling.com.au/blog/february-challenge/

No comments:

Post a Comment