Friday 14 February 2014

I'm an Aunt! - A2Z Scraplet February Challenge (layout 18)

I don't know about you but I am really starting to like mood board challenges, or maybe they are just so inspirational lately that I am just drawn towards them.

This month's A2Z Scraplets challenge is a mood board:


I was immediately drawn to the top left picture of the white background with red hearts. I have had this idea in my head from a layout I saw on pinterest a while ago and knew that I wanted to make that layout for this challenge. Here is my take:

I used the film strip A2Z scraplet and misted it with Tattered Angels (red punch). I wrote my niece's date of birth, time of birth, and birth weight in the film strips and the rub-ons are 7gypsies. The gigantic exclamation point is done on purpose since when I first got the phone call that Sadie was born I screamed so loud that my parents thought that my brother and sister-in-law could hear me at the hospital (they live 1200kms away). Even though I wasn't there for the birth, I did get to skype with her when they got home from the hospital a couple of days later and met her in person a couple of weeks later when I came home for Christmas.

Other supplies used:
alphas: american thickers, basic grey
paper: american craft (white cardstock), DCWV (red cardstock)
flowers: recollections, unkown
heart brads: recollections
leaves (both misted with tattered angels in red punch): prima (white leaves & wood pieces)
flourishes: unknown
chipboard exclamation point: bazzill basics

Thank you for stopping by and your wonderful comments, hope you can play along this month at A2Z scraplets: http://a2zscraplets.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/february-mood-board-challenge.html

2 comments:

  1. Oooohhh such a beautiful layout!!!! Love how you used the A2Z Film strip. Thanks for entering the A2Z Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweetie . lovely page

    ReplyDelete