Friday 31 July 2015

In Loving Memory (301/365)

The next layout I have been wanting to make for the last two and a half years (ever since she passed away) but have been waiting for the perfect sketch to inspire me and when I saw Let's Get Sketchy Week 2 I knew it was the perfecct one:


I love the lace and the circles and just everything about it. Here is my take:

Sorry for the blurry photo (not quite sure what happened there). The card is actually from her memorial service. I did not go back home for the service as I wanted to remember Emma from our last visit. Emma was my next door neighbour ever since I was 3 (when we moved next door). When I moved away to go to school (20 years later) I got the call that she had had a stroke and was going to live in a hospice from then on. For the next 8 years she lived in hospice and every time I came back home, I would always go and visit her. The nurses were always amazed at how whenever I came into the room and kissed her on the forehead, she immediately remembered me and all the memories from all our years as neighbours. She really was like my third grandma and not a day goes by I don't think of her.

Thank you for stopping by, hope you can play along this month with Let's Get Sketchy: http://letsgetsketchy.blogspot.ca/2015/07/team-b-july-week-2.html

No comments:

Post a Comment